Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Reply to Query PAL Version (final installment)

We were already seated in the plane when I was approached by a gentleman who introduced himself as one Mr. Aldanese to ask me what happened. As I was already relaxed and was enjoying my mango smoothie, I recalled to him the earlier incidences sans the emotions.

This Mr. Aldanese, the PAL LAX Station Manager as I later found out, is muy gracioso! He apologized and said he will really look into the matter. And I believe him!

As soon as the fasten seatbelt sign was switched off (about 30 minutes after the plane blasted from the runway), the Flight Purser, Mooning Noel, approached me to ask about my experience with their ground personnel. After recalling the incidences for the nth time she, of course, apologized for and in behalf of PAL. I told her that although it was definitely not okay, it was also not the fault of the cabin crew. I reminded her to send me a CARE form and joked about sending some
Häagen-Dazs® ice cream along.

I "enjoyed" the remainder of the 16-hour flight, especially talking with and reassuring the lady seated beside me would do a roll-call of all known Saints and Angels whenever there was turbulence (which was not much, thank goodness!).

So you see my dear friends and those who e-mailed me as to why I tagged a previous PAL post with Brand Loyalty, not all is bad with our flag carrier. Not all is lost on Asia's First Airline.

My job requires me to travel more than 60, 000 miles a year and majority of it I take with PAL. Sure, I complain, rant and bitch about it but it is not without purpose. I want to see PAL improve on where they can easily and almost effortlessly improve.

Now getting a response such as this:

"Thank you for the email we received apprising of your reported experience with us. At the outset, please accept our regrets for the disappointment you may have felt as a result.

A request for feedback from various offices had been initiated to provide us with the full circumstances of the reported incident. The handling Customer Management Officer will further communicate with you for the resolution of your concerns. Meanwhile, you are assured of our most preferential attention."

definitely requires improvement!

Perhaps I shall never tire of lambasting and commending PAL. I believe in the company and I want to be proud of my flag carrier! If only for these, I shall continue to be one of PAL's loyal flyer while continuing to be one of it's most (or at least I try to be) constructive critic!

1 comment:

  1. oo nga! hindi naman lahat masama. ako rin favorite ko ang PAL maski badtrip minsan.

    ano bang pangalan ng mga stwerdess na mababait? hihingan ko din ng ice cream. kasi babalik ako ng honolulu sa july baka matiyempuhan ko. hehe

    paki post ho pangalan nila. tnx

    ReplyDelete