Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Reply to Query PAL Version (continuation)

By the time I got back to my seat at the pre-departure area, my new found friends asked me why I went to talk to the ground personnel. I told them I just had to clarify something regarding my seat. "Ay kaya pala mukha kayong hindi natutuwa", the old lady said.

Que barbaridad! What an understatement!

Anyways, as if to add insult to injury, she said she is so blessed to have a "friend" amongst the puñeteros y puñeteras ground personnel otherwise she would probably not have gotten an upgrade.

Espera, espera! Es este verdad? Did I hear this right?

And so I told her that yes, indeed she is lucky and proceeded to ask where her "friend" is. She then told me: "Ay hindi ko alam pero baka andun sa check-in. Andun sya kanina eh. Hindi ko naman talaga kaibigan yun pero kaibigan sya ng churchmate ng pamangkin ko. Eh nung nalaman ngang uuwi kami sa 'Pinas, susbukan daw talaga kaming i-upgrade. Mabuti naman at na-upgrade nga kami!".

Did I hear that right otra vez?

Resigned to the fact that PAL LAX Ground Personnel work, think and behave like demi-Gods, I just tried to forget the horrible personas I talked to. Nevertheless, while chatting with my new found friend, I came across information that would have made me win any argument with the chonggo Nestor I talked with earlier.

1) It was senseless to ask if they had Mabuhay Class tickets. They were just ugraded, weren't they?

2) What time did they arrive at the airport? "Mga 6:30 kasi nanggaling pa kami ng Chino Hills eh.". So I arrived earlier ...

3) How often do they travel to Manila? "Ay huli kaming umuwi eh nung 1999 pa. Lahat kasi ng anak ko andito na sa Amerika. Uuwi lang kami ngayon kasi namatay ang kapatid nya (the husband).". So there is no way that they could have accumulated 45, 000 miles last year and so that does not make them Premier Elite Flyers ...

Hay naku! Those PAL LAX people talaga!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe na ganyan ka unprofessional ang PAL people.
    Well, i just hope na hindi ko Danasin yan sa kanila.

    ReplyDelete