Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Bad Day ...

Dios Mio!

Today started really bad. I woke up with a headache. I have been experiencing this from time to time since last year and I do not know what causes this. Anyways, I came out of my room and asked for my coffee, like I do every morning for the past 2 or so decades. Heaven bless the creada as she still had to ask: mo-cafe ka? Haaay! I just looked at her and thank goodness she understood.

As I lit my first of about 20 cigarettes for the day (after all, what good is coffee without cigarettes, di ba?), I got a call from the office asking what time I would be in because I had a meeting in 40 minutes. Ay que ba, this meeting has been set since last week and I completely forgot about it! I asked for a taxi, which of course came late, and to make matters worse, the aircon was not working. Puñeta!

And then the traffic! I do not care at this point if a Noynoy Aquino victory would mean having to put up with la hermana Kristeta ... could he just fix the traffic please?!

I arrived late, of course, and gracious as my client was, I could detect an iota of irritation. After discussing what has to be discussed, we went into small talk and as I was talking about how important QA Audits are in the BPO industry, I heard someone in the room say that Boy Abunda will be the Tourism Secretary ... I thought, and hoped against hope, that I heard wrong. But unfortunately, that is apparently the buzz (sorry) around town. I could hardly believe it! When Noynoy Aquino expressed how he was having difficulty finding a good person to appoint to various cabinet posts, I did not realize it was THAT difficult. Boy Abunda? Oh, I love watching Mr. Abunda on TV and he is very good at what he does pero por favor Madre de Todas Misericordia, not as Tourism Secretary seguro.

The rest of the day had me dealing with the common problems of the office. I think it was just magnified because after all, I was off to a bad start.

I headed home at around 4:00PM, again taking a taxi. This time, the aircon was working and it was clean and smelled of lavanda ... I thought my bad day ended ya. But as it turned out, no todavia! The espabilado taxi driver asked me who I voted for and when I said I voted for Noynoy Aquino, he gleefully told me why he thought I made such a bad choice and went on to "lecture" me as to why I should have chosen Joseph Estrada en vez. Haaay! And I had to endure this for more than an hour because of, well, traffic, que mas?

Again, I do not care if the Republic of the Philippines just elected her first black Vice-President for as long as he could do something about the traffic!

As I am trying to relax at home and writing this blog, I hope my cadena de miserias for today is done and over with.

Now the maid is knocking and asking something about me wanting to eat dinner (which, incidentally, I have never skipped since she became my cucinera 11 years ago) ...

Dios Mio!

No comments:

Post a Comment